California Professional Responsibility Attorneys
Every lawyer in the state of California is governed by the same Rules of Professional Conduct and the State Bar Act. Few attorneys read over 100 new cases annually that interpret the applicable law. At Fishkin & Slatter LLP, we read those cases along with new Ethics Opinions of the State Bar, San Diego Bar, Orange County Bar, Los Angles Bar and San Francisco Bar. We are ready to advise you about those issues.
If you are a personal injury attorney, you wouldn't attempt to handle a securities violations case. Don't try to represent yourself in front of the California State Bar. When your professional responsibility is in question, you have a lot at stake. We are specialists.
- Legal Ethics and Practice Management: Even the business aspects of law practice are governed by the Rules of Professional Conduct, as well as other laws governing businesses in California.
- State Bar Defense: The best defense is a closed investigation. Sometimes you are in the area where experienced representation can make the difference.
- Fee Disputes: Whether your dispute is with a former client or another attorney, we can help you assert your right to a reasonable fee.
- Conflicts and Disqualification: You can be disqualified with a "substantial relationship" even if you have avoided a conflict of interest. We can help prevent both.
- Sanctions, Contempt: We are available for all professional challenges that attorneys can face.
- Expert Witness: Is there a question regarding legal ethics and professional responsibility in your client's case? At Fishkin & Slatter LLP, we have been providing expert witness testimony for attorneys for the past fifteen years. From breaches of fiduciary duty to legal ethics, Attorneys Jerome Fishkin and Lindsay Slatter provide expert testimony in all types of proceedings.
As an attorney you understand how important it is to truly understand a specific area of the law as opposed to possessing merely a surface familiarity. Before your professional responsibility has been called into question, contact our office today.